Course Community Weekly Calls 1-on-1 Coaching Support Desk

Manual Method -Don't Stress

Hello everyone, so when you are doing the manual method, make sure you are in the public_html file when doing your Test file. This will greatly help any frustrations. I wasn’t and nothing seemed to work and I was about to close up shop for the day, and then I remembered to look into the community for help. Help it did! Everything worked out awesome. I even set it up a couple different times, changed the folder names, in order to understand it better. Works like a charm! Thank you. ~Jason

1 Like

Great job @jreiland01! Search, research, and do the work is always the way to go! :+1:

1 Like

Hi
if follow all step from the training but when i test my link it doesn’t work what do you think i suppose to do ?

0 Likes

Hello kinroose54, please make sure you are in the correct file before you continue. The public_html file is where you should be saving your Test file. I hope this helps. If not, try watching the video again. It has to be in the .html not the FTP else it will not work.

~Jason

0 Likes

Hi @kinroose54, you can send the screenshot of your file manager here so we can take a look at it better.

1 Like

thanks for the info, i got it to work so when i type in my domain name/test/ and hit enter it will pull up the website questionaire. However whenever i just type my domain.com it goes to the "Hello world, welcome to Wordpress. So my question is what step do i need to take so that my website is live not just the test part of it.

0 Likes

Hello @dbak0gd, make sure you are doing it correctly by walking through the video again. My issue was not doing it the html file. Did you find the problem?

~Jason

0 Likes